ABSA Bank / cheque card
I hereby refer to absa account [protected]
In jaunuary I have been into two different absa branches in secunda. To request at account to be closed but they did not want to close the account telling me I need to pay R500. I explained that I didn't have the R500 at that point time but can they close the account and debit the outstanding balance as I have changed my salary account and I don't want any debit orders to be processed in this account. The branch Manger refused I even as for them to stop any transactions on the account until I get paid and come with the R500.
5days later I get I go to the branch with the R500 to close the account. They have already added February banking fees and other fees the amount is now triple. Even today debit orders that I don't know off keep getting return unpaid.
I will not pay for those fees to close bank account. Because a request to close the bank account was already sent in January.
I will also be forwarding this matter to the credit ombudsman.
More ABSA Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ABSA Private Security Provident Fund - provident fund 
- ABSA Bank - refusing to close credit card account
- ABSA i-Direct - vehicle claim 
- ABSA - provident fund payout 
- ABSA - clearing cheques without waiting 7 days
- ABSA Bank - money missing out of savings account
- ABSA Bank - banking charges
- ABSA Bank - illegal debit orders on my account
- ABSA Bank - absa bank
- ABSA Bank - unprofessional staff