Captain D's / unethical behavior

1 603 E 15th St, Plano, TX 75074, United States Review updated:

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."

― Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from the Birmingham Jail

My Black History Month Message for Captin D's
603 E 15th St, Plano, TX 75074 ·
[protected]

This is Black History Month. My mother marched with Martin Luther King Jr. Her hope was that marching would bring about a change. I never would think in 2019, I would be denied service at a fast food restaurant.
During my visit to the above location, I presented a coupon at the drive through window. I was told that they did not accept coupons on a mobile device. I went in to speak to the manager. She stated that they did not accept the coupons unless it was the actual paper copy. I requested the phone number for the corporate office. I was told that they did not have their phone number. I would only have to speak to her. I requested her name. She wrote her name on a torn off piece of recite paper (which I have.)
I went to the car and called my husband and asked for him to bring the paper coupon. He came to the restaurant with the paper coupon. We walked inside. He sat down and I approached the counter. I place the coupon and my credit card on the counter. I was then told by the young lady at the counter they were denying me service. My response was, "what?!!" She pointed to the sign on the wall that read, "We have the right to deny service to anyone." She then walked away.
I turned the recorder on my cell phone on. My husband did the same thing. We recorded them messing someone's order up in the driver through window and arguing with the customer when the customer tried to correct it. The manager then demanded my husband stop recording and told us that we had 1 minute to leave, or she was calling the police. I quietly stated, I would wait for the police and sat down.
I went to the door when the police arrived and spoke with them. They requested my ID. We took the information of the officers that handled the call. They told me that I would have to leave, because the owners were requesting that I leave.
Since this happened, another African Americna male has come forth about the same thing happening to him at this location. He went through the driver though at the same location. They got his order wrong. He requested a refund. They refused to give him a refund and told him that he was no longer allowed at their location.

I have video of me being ordered out of the store and police being called. I have video of the police. I have video of them argueing with another customer after getting their order wrong. I have another African American male who was denied service from this same location.

Captain D's

Sy
Feb 11, 2019
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Mi
      11th of Feb, 2019

You need to check your behavior when they declained to accept your initial coupon. How did you act? BE HONEST! It would be nice if that was caught on camera!!! Ironic that you are judging people to be racist, based on the color of their skin. Hmmm, let's see. Who does that? Who judges people like you did, based on the color of their skin. i'll let that sink in for a moment.

So you know a couple other blacks who were refuesd service (so you claim). What about the thousands and thousands of black customers that location does serve?!!! You can't really say much to that, can you, because it wouldn't back up your silly claims.

Here' something I bet you didn't know: people in Africa do NOT appreciate black Americans calling themselves Africans. They consider if offensive!

BTW: MLK jr did not forfeit his life, so that you could play the tattered old race card over a frickin' coupon.

• Mr
      11th of Feb, 2019

How is this unethical? How is this racist?

That right to refuse service sign is up EVERYWHERE, not just Captain D's.

I have seen this sign for 42 years and at millions of establishments and have YET to have been refused service. You behave like a human being you will be treated like a human being. Simple as that.

You keep on mentioning MLK. Well his thing was judging on the content of their character. What does this say about YOUR character? Not much.