Kingsize.com / no holiday early shopping considered when returning defective items after 60 days

1 IndianaUnited States

Purchased this supposedly genuin leather bomber jacket from kingsize.com on nov. 26, 2018 for my husbands christmas present. He began wearing it after the new year, mostly just to work and home during the week. On feb. 6th, approximately 1 month after he first put the jacket on, I noticed it was peeling on the shoulder. (see picture)
I called the customer service line and they said they would not replace, repair or accept a return of any kind since it was past 60 days from purchase. When I asked the person to clarify for me, that the company was not going to stand behind their defective product and do the right thing and replace the jacket he said "that is correct. Our policy says we do not accept returns or exchanges after 60 days. No special circumstances."
So it cost me $239.00 (was $419.00- supposedly was on sale) for my husband to have this leather jacket for 1 month. I should have known that the price was too good to be true. He can not wear this jacket to his job or in public as it is. It's embarrassing! What is wrong with this company? I've never heard of or dealt with a company that would refuse to replace a defective product, no matter what the product is! A complete rip off! I feel like they stole my money!

Su