Krogers / network outage

1 Harrison OhioUnited States Review updated:

On Saturday Feb. 9th between 12-2pm I was shopping at the Krogers in Harrison Ohio. I had not been been there very long and the lights flashed that appeared there was a power outage but they quickly came back on. This happened a second and same outcome with a quick flash and back on. The store manager did not announce anything over the speaker so everyone in the store continued to shop. I had been in the store for about 1-1 1/2 hours and was about halfway thru my shopping list when an announcement came over the speaker. A store representative stated that the store was closing and everyone would need to bring their cart up to the front and exit the store. My daughter who was shopping with me asked a manager what happened and he stated their network was down and it could be 20 mins or up to 8 hours before it would be restored.

I spent an hour or more of my time in addition driving there to fill my basket with produce, meat ect. and then just leaving without my groceries. As a result I had to spend another afternoon today grocery shopping again.

I was very upset and nothing was said to those shoppers as they will ushered out of the store only than "We apologize"

Rb
Feb 10, 2019

Comments

• Mi
      10th of Feb, 2019

They apologized. What else could they say? Do you think they were not horrified their system went down like that. I'm sure the employees weren't thrilled to have to put away cart after cart of merchandise too. [censored] happens. It's called Life.

• Mr
      10th of Feb, 2019

Crap like this happens now that everything is digital.

You want to go back to how it was in the '80s when no working stiff could get to the bank during the weekday?

• Be
      10th of Feb, 2019

What do you expect them to do, the power outage was NOT their fault. I bet you made a big scene and embarrassed your poor daughter.