Saudi Telecom / lucky draw scam

1 Saudi Arabia Review updated:

Somebody called me from “+[protected]”, whose name was mohammed iqbal. He said that he is a supervisor in geo mobile company and calling from dubai. He said that my stc sim serial number starting from 899660 is in the list of the lucky draw which include sawa, watani, mobily and other mobile companies, and you won 200, 000 saudi riyals, if you give me pin number of two vouchers of 350 riyals than i can process the bank transfer in your card pin numbers and show to these cards with iqama copy to al - rajhi bank to collect the money. So i gave him pin number of two vouchers of 350 sr total of 700 sr after collecting the voucher numbers he hold me for twenty minutes and then said that half of the bank draft number is appeared and remaining will come when i give him more two of same value voucher’s pin numbers. Then i understood that this is a scam and i cursed him because i lost my 700 sr.

He

Comments

• Sh
      27th of Mar, 2010

you are right even they are calling from sawa numbers as well today i recieve one call from 0506967529 same story he told me but i understand before that and i beleive they are calling from inernet and thats y its have the sawa number from some VOIP and i beleive all the sawa card have this number 899660 available but when he talked about sending credit and etc i got the point and i complaint at stc as well but dont respond and call back these people thats the point

10th of May, 2010

One man called me on 10/05/2010 @ 08:30PM, as he told me his name is Ali Mohammed (Pakistani) says from Riyadh (sawa) his no. 0559718702 he said you won SR. 200, 000 lucy draw from (sawa) and bring 6 cards SR.300 and give me the Serial No. of six cards than I will process your amount to be shown in Bank Al-Rajhi. Kindly called the above no. and investigate the matter.

• Ar
      20th of May, 2010

Dear All,

I had the similar experience today morning. But is there a place we can lodge a complaint with STC Sawa services?

Thanks.

Arvind

• Ak
      14th of Jul, 2010

One man called me on 14/07/2010 @ 09:30AM, as he told me his name is Mohammed Imran (Pakistani) says from Riyadh (Mobily) his no. 05946020974 he said you won SR. 200, 000 lucy draw from (Mobily) and bring 6 cards SR.300 and give me the Serial No. of six cards when I did the same than he asked for another 12 card and said I will process your amount to be shown in Bank Al-Rajhi. I lose 4000 saudi riyals & afterward I came to know that is scam. Please look into the matter and investigate and save other persons to be cheated..

Akram

• Se
      26th of Aug, 2010

Dear All,

My name is Mohammed Afzal Siddiqui leaving in Riyadh as one man called on 26 August 2010 by Mobile Number
    0568104044 and he said to me congratulations you won the prize of SR 200, 000/- from Mobily as your number is in lucky draw
    total ten members are there out of this you are he told me. Then he told me to call back when i called back him he told me to
    write the lucky draw number 188759034906 and told me to press *06# then the number appears it then he told me to write
    the number then i asked what next he told me to purchase three mobily cards of SR90 and then when you give this voucher number we will give the check number before that he asked my name and my father name and iqama number when i told wrong iqama number he said it is wrong i don't know whether they are checking from Ministry of Interior website or any other procedure when i told him i will purchase after two hours know i am at work and wright know i don't have money then
    he told me why you are leaving in Saudi Arabia if you don't have money in your pocket at that moment i traced him
    that it is scam so please be aware of these scams, If some body calls and tells you this then ignore or complain on this number
    to Mobily or STC.

• Ss
      23rd of Sep, 2010

one man called me on 23-5-2010 y mobile number 0507419314 whoes name was saleem shah.he said he is calling from sawa service and you won 200000sr your mobile number is comming on tv .for further information call him on his number but i dont respond .

• Al
      14th of Dec, 2010

Yes, It is true. Also, one person (Mohammad Irfan) from 0535590356 call me today and said you have won SR. 200, 000/-. Later he ask Iqama No. and Bank Account No. I just give a fake iqama ID and Account No. to him. After that he ask to send SR. 200 as transfer charge.

Thanks that you all have shared in this blog. So, after asking for money, I insult him as I can do in one minute phone call...

These people may go to hell...

Nice to find this blog...Bye...

• Fa
      4th of Jan, 2011

One man called me on 04/01/2011 @ 03:00 PM, as he told me his name is Mohammed Imran (Pakistani) says from Riyadh (Mobily) his no. 0568104044 he said you won SR. 200, 000 lucy draw from (Mobily) and bring 6 cards SR.300 and give me the Serial No. of six cards when I did the same than he asked for another 12 card and said I will process your amount to be shown in Bank Al-Rajhi. but i not give the serial number i am safe. bt please look into the matter and investigate and save other persons to be cheated..

5th of Feb, 2011

I received as you told from Saudi No 0506976648. But i didnot do anything.

• Mo
      9th of Feb, 2011

Gentelmen,
    The same matter has been happend with me also. They called me from a phone number 0551279463 and said that they are calling from STC and I have won 200, 000 Riyals by STC lottery, after that they gave me a number which is written on my SIM card to prove that they are calling from STC, they asked my Iqama number, bank account etc and after taking all these information they advised me to be on line do not disconnect the call, go to the Baqala, buy 5 cards and each card’s worth should be 300 Riyals which will cost you 1500 Riyals, scratch them and give us the voucher numbers, I followed the instructions and gave them 3 voucher numbers of 100 Riyals total worth of 300 Riyals but suddenly the call disconnected due to my balance, mean while I tried to recharge those scratched cards but received the message of Invalid Voucher and realized that I have been cheated by some cheaters.
    They swear to Allah and Rasool (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) that they are calling from STC. They called me so many times to give them more numbers and complete the further process.

لَّعْنَتَ اللَّـهِ عَلَى الْكَاذِبِينَ

Actually they didn’t deceive me they just deceived themselves and they will be asked for this fraud on the Day of Judgment. Insha’Allah.

Wassalam

• Go
      28th of Feb, 2011

Even i have faced the same problem...this is waste of time.they have called from 0503174732.He said he is calling from Fasaliya tower 5th flour room no 102.cheaters cheater cheaters...nonsense...they should be sued

• Go
      28th of Feb, 2011

cheaters...

• Mo
      18th of May, 2011

Today i got a call from 0580503927 and he is talking in hindi that i am a zain employee and i am glad to inform you that you won 200000 SR in lucky draw of STC. You are not watching the TV its coming on AL Jazeera channel then he told me some numbers of lucky draw and asked my name my father name my iqama no and after that he said we are processing your document so that your amount will be transfered to your account till then you go to bakala and purchase 300sr X 5 STC sawa card and 100sr zain card and immediately.same moment i got the complete idea. then he told me to go Al Rajhi bank and collect your amount. then i said i will not purchase the card you deduct this amount from my prize amount then he said no then prize will not be given to you and i am closing your file .i said ok
    again after 1 hr i call him to trap. He said you told you can not provide the card so your file is closed then i ask your name, your company name, your location he is telling all the details but false finally i told him your sim is tracked by gprs system and in few minutes cop will reached to you then he start abusing and cut the phone

20th of Jun, 2011

all this ###ing scams are done by pakistanis...they are really shame for there country and fit to be kicked by everyone.

• In
      12th of Jul, 2011

I also have same experiance today but I did not believe him,
    it is very easy to catch those guys with load serial number. STC must have records for voucher upload. you guys must complaint to STC with voucher number. Did you ever try to load this voucher in your mobile to get your money back ? because this is the method to selling this voucher and load amount and thne transfer the amount to others. It is very easy for Mobile compnay to track this.
    Regadrs

iNAM

• At
      22nd of Sep, 2011

somebody call me today to get my lucky draw of 200, 000 saudi riyal so i want your advice that i cold recieve that or not

thanks

• Sb
      1st of Nov, 2011

Aslamoalikum! I have experienced the same kind of scam call. I am living in Canada. The ph call made was from + 92 3417989481. the name of person who called was Zafar Iqbal. He told me that i have won 50, 000 Canadian $ from a Dubai lucky draw for mobile nos. i have never entered my no. in such kind of lucky draws. he told me to submit $ 425 through western union to Muhammad Sharif in UAE right away and then i can have all this money. BAD IDEA... i cursed him on the phone. From his name, he seems like a muslim who is fooling around with Allah's people on His earth. I told him that he will suffer one day, so stop doing that. Imagine what he did... hung up the phone which i was expecting. Please BEWARE of these scam calls and never give your card nos. to anyone who tries to give u a good news.

• Zu
      27th of Nov, 2011

I'm also victim of this fraud, I received a call from the mobile no. 0558184396 informing that my SIM card has von the 200, 000 lucky winner, please furnish the infor. to complete the file. State away I replied this is fraud and I don’t believe this kind of lucky draws etc. Please advise what action to be taken.

8th of Feb, 2012

Hi,
    Today Morning I received a call from Mobily No. 0568472075 around 10am.
    He told me that your no won SR 200000..he toid me to confrim the starting no. printed on my SIM and its match by no provided by him..
    Then after he asked my akama and bank account no fot completing the form and amount will transfer.
    He asked as a fee of 3, 300 SAWA card I asked tht you r calling from mobily and u want sawa card.
    Lots of promises and misguidence for an hour from his side.

At last i told him tht u r fake and u will receive a call in 15min becoz i make a complian against your no.
    Indians r cheating indians ...wht a shame

• Mu
      18th of Mar, 2012

Somebody called me from “+923447626931”, from Dubai that his name is Mohammed Imran and calling from SAWA Ethalalat company from Dubai. He said that my STC Sim serial number starting from 899660 (that is realy my sim numbers) is in the list of the lucky draw which include SAWA, company, and you won 200, 000 Saudi Riyals, He also provide me Bank Al Raji Sr. # 0072231875264 and Fax # 3560450384049 and also provide me Check #. and ask me that if you give me pin number of two vouchers of 300 riyals than I can process the bank transfer in your card pin numbers and show to these cards with Iqama copy to Al-Rajhi Bank to collect the Money. So I gave him pin number of 600 SR after collecting the voucher numbers he hold me for twenty minutes and then said that half of the Bank draft number is appeared and remaining will come when I give him more 900 value voucher’s pin numbers. Then I understood that this is a Scam and I cursed him because I lost my 600 SR. please dont beleve on these fake call.