Shutterstock / shutterstock auto renewal plan is on. you may not realize that!!
We have the same problem. Shutterstock's has the auto renewal button checked, and this year Shutterstock just took US$49 from my credit card without noticing me. So, be cautious, even if you make a one-time purchase. I did not see / notice the default button last year. I called the credit card centre and they said because it is a pre-authorized purchase, they would not send a message to my cell phone.
I am now requesting a refund.
More Shutterstock Complaints & Reviews
- Shutterstock Images - Terrible company! 
- Shutterstock - Can't cancel plan 
- SHUTTERSTOCK.COM NEW YORK - unauthorized debit 
- Shutterstock - auto-renewal/cancellation 
- STK Shutterstock - Deducting $49
- Shutterstock - will let my 6,000+ follower know that shutterstock is a scam 
- Shutterstock - auto renewal
- Shutterstock - automatic opt-in for auto-renewal
- Shutterstock - Shutterstock is charging for renewal even if option is turned off
- Shutterstock - Unauthorised credit card charges