Spokeo / unauthorized charges
I do not recall ever visiting the Spokeo cite, however, I found on a bank statement that I was charged $20 for spookeo. I googled spokeo and called them. I inquired about the charge and was told several months prior I had used their cite to look up a phone number. I disputed using their cite ever and asked them to cancel whatever they had woth me and to refund my money. I argued and was hung up on three times. The fourth call I was told the account had been cancelled and my money would be refunded. This month I have yet another spokeo charge, I start looking and these charges go back months. I am going to report spokeo to the FCC and law enforcement, I will call my bank and see what they can do about the fraud. I did record the phone calls so I have proof that I was promised cancellation of the fraudulent account (not even my email) and refund.
Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Feb 06, 2019
I have received your compliant on CompliantsBoard.com and wish to assist you with this matter. I'm sorry to hear about this. It sounds like there is an active subscription on your account. We want to be sure you are helped, so please contact our Customer Care team at [protected]@spokeo.com or by calling 1-888-906-0850 and explain your concerns. Thanks!
- Spokeo Customer Care
More Spokeo Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Spokeo Online Service - deceptive advertising and ripoff 
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - billing nightmare 
- [Resolved] Spk Spokeo - unauthorized credit card charges 
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - they will not give you a refund when you discover their site is a scam 
- Spokeo.com - spokeo deception 
- Spokeo - unauthorized charges on my card
- [Resolved] Spokeo - unauthorized credit card charges
- [Resolved] Spokeo - spokeo
- [Resolved] Spokeo - .95 one time charge turned into $19.99 reoccurring charge?
- [Resolved] Spokeo - phone number look up