Telkom SA SOC / cancellation of services

1 South Africa

Since 2017 I have tried to cancel my Telkom services which are an ADSL line and Phone line, First I tried the customer portal on the Telkom website, first time I went through the whole exercise but the system would always crash before one could press the send button. I tried on numerous different computers, with different browsers and always the same result.

Next step was to phone Telkom and no matter what time I would phone after holding for 69+ minutes it was clear this was also a useless avenue, this was followed by a visit to the Telkom store in Cresta shopping center and again no help the reply: We can't do it, you must do it online"

I eventually started sending customer service call me request - to that not one call back. This was followed by emails to their customer service to please cancel my services, it was met with no response.

The last resort: I disconnected the service and stopped paying for 2 years I heard nothing no emails, no invoices, no communications but this year Telkom roared back with a demand for payment for 2 years worth of services that I clearly did not use, that I tried to stop - So what to do? Pay and once again return to Groundhog Day?

It seems it is impossible to cancel Telkom services and that one will be stuck with this parasitic business practice til the end of days - SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!

Account number: [protected]