Dyson / dyson v6 hepa

1 United States

DYSON V6 HEPA-DEFECTIVE PRODuCT
For years, in order to sweep the kitchen floor periodically, we had a Dirt Devil. The cost was around $40.00 and they lasted a couple of years. When our last Dirt Devil ceased to function we went to the Dyson website and purchased a v6 hepa. The initial unit was delivered and lasted about one month. After being asked to try several options it was disclosed that the batteries in the unit were defective and a new unit was sent. Now that unit has failed as well. It has been weeks and no new battery. Most distressing, during this last incident it was disclosed by Dyson that the unit will fail if used at the higher speed. This is a feature that was specified when sold and not being able to use it leaves us with less of a product than purchased. It appears to me there are significant issues with this model and it is not fit for the purpose for which it was designed. In addition Dyson's warranty includes labor yet I am being sent a replacement battery and instructions for installation. All in all it is my opinion that that marketing of this unit is in violation of the Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Practices Act. The unit was marketed with two speeds, however, one speed will result in unit failure. This unit also violates the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for purpose and use. Each of the units provided failed in a short period with very limited use. I believe this matter is appropriate for the Consumer Fraud Division of the Illinois Attorney General's Office and the Federal Trade Commission. If Dyson is going to charge for premium products, premium products meeting their advertised specifications must be provided. To deceive consumers and provide defective products is unacceptable. If you have had a similar experience with a Dyson product please send me a private message. Perhaps a Class Action will improve their products and customer service?

Bo