Morgan Properties / maintenance left my door wide open
On 1/24/19 at 6:30pm I came home to my door wide open! I put my deadbolt on when I left as I usually do however, since I put in a maintenance request on 1/23, I assumed maintenance may still have been in my house even though it was dark inside. I had a police officer check the premises to make sure it was safe to enter. Upon entering I noticed that my purse which was by the door on an end table was missing. No one was in my house and maintenance neglected shutting my door. Absolutely no one has access to my house except Morgan Property Employees.
Since this occurred after hours, I immediately emailed the assistant property manager a picture of my door left open. Today, 1/25/19 I spoke to Candice, the property manager for The Glens at Diamond Ride. She explained that the maintenance man, Kevin said "he remembers locking and closing my door" and basically it's my word against his. If my deadbolt was on and there's no sign of forced entry, it shouldn't be a question as to who left my door open. Candice, The Glens at Diamond Ridge Property Manager explained that since they cannot prove that maintenance left my door open, i'll be responsible for the increased Gas & Electric invoice that I will receive next month, and also nothing can be done about my missing purse. Candice advised that I put in a claim with my renters insurance company. I am NOT submitting a claim to my renters insurance company which will impact future premiums and my claim history. This is why properties have insurance!
I have an interview scheduled with a local media outlet this evening. If this is not resolved within 24 hours, I will be seeking legal action.
Morgan Properties Customer Care's Response, Jan 25, 2019
Thank you for review- we are looking into your review and email and will follow up once we have more information.
More Morgan Properties Complaints & Reviews
- Morgan Properties - illegal business practices 
- Morgan Properties - in pa landlord can attach wages! 
- Morgan Properties - horrible management & utility ripoff 
- Morgan Properties - scam artists 
- Morgan Properties - late fees 
- Morgan Properties - unfair billing, false damage charges
- Morgan Properties - poor service and work orders not fixed since 3 months
- [Resolved] Morgan Properties - poor management at briarwood apartments laurel md
- [Resolved] Morgan Properties - maintenance person out of line complaint/ leasing office manager bias/unfair practices at the glens at diamond ridge
- [Resolved] Morgan Properties - charges in excess of security deposit